Friday, November 1, 2019

Ft Walton Beach - Mike Trainer

Stats Friday 11/01/19: Total days - 54, Travel days - 30, Miles today - 63, Total miles - 1747

Alright, Alright, Alright, - So we had a great time at The Wharf, and could have stayed there for a while, but it was time to move on.  We had a great time with R&R while we were there.  We saw a movie and went to dinner at The Hangout. on Thursday.   We had planned to meet Mike Trainer at Ft Walton Beach Friday.   We left out in 38 degree weather, yes cold, and headed east / south.  Wind was kicking so, had some spray hitting up onto the fly bridge, but the isengalss was up, so we stayed dry if not cold.  

We just got dropped off by Mike and Linda, so might be a few / 12 deep.  Soooo, let me digress for a minute.  I have been corrected that it was not a pelican on the top of our boat but a heron.  Had I been sober I might have not commented that way.  Thanks Sue and others for the correction.  That is why I am not a botanist. ( Yes I know) - always joking!!!! 

It was very cold and windy when we headed out.  Crossing the bays was rough, but I was up and running, so not so bad.  Thought it was going to be a longer day, but we ended up getting here around 2:00.  Mike was waiting on the dock to help us in when we arrived.  After a few beers, I started to wash the salt off the boat and we made plans to meet up later.  LOT of salt on the boat, so I gave it a compete wash.  After the wash and a shower, we went up the Shack for a drink and gumbo.  I have been trying the gumbo at every stop, and I think this might have been the best so far.   Mike and Linda met us and then we went back to his condo.  He took us to his local spot for drinks and pizza   We all had a great time!  Thanks again for the beer, pizza and bourbon.  We are back at the boat now.  Still a little cool for Florida,  but can't believe that we are here.  

Dinner at The Hangout with R&R
Marcia and Rhonda
Blackened Mahi with crab - Yes it was excellent.  I believe that slice of squash counts as vegetables. 
Sunset at Orange Beach
Leaving out this morning.
Officially entering Florida - by Boat!


Navarro Bridge



Seeing Mike Trainer
Mike, Linda, and Us
Fun at the Bar -Still Halloween  


 Heading to San Dustin tomorrow.  Will be neat for us as we vacationed there with Tony several years ago and thought how cool it would be to have a our boat there.

Take care, missing everyone!!


























1 comment:

  1. Linda and I had a blast hangin with you guys yesterday! Safe travels my friend!

    ReplyDelete