Thursday, July 29, 2021

Rogers City, MI 07/25/2021

Sunday 07/25/2021

Day Miles: 112

Total Miles:  6592

Travel Days:  128

Total Days:  270

We left out early on Sunday, knowing we had a longer run.  As I said in the last post, we decided to run 112 miles instead of just the 94 to meet up with "Jackpot" and "New Hope".  Most of the morning was a nice cruise but as we turned the corner, we were heading into the waves which was causing a little more bounce and the waves were building as well.  

I have seen the sunrise more on this trip than ever before

Much of the view today, blue water and clear skies.






By the time we arrived at the Rogers City Marina, the wind was blowing pretty hard.  It made docking for fuel a little more difficult.  We were able to get into the slip right next to "Jackpot" and several other Loopers.  Jack was there to catch our lines and help us get in with the high winds.  After securing the boat, we wasted no time beginning happy hour at 1:00.  After several, well deserved Bud Lights, we showered and 10 of us went to dinner at Up North 23.  The marina shuttle made 3 trips to drive us all  to the restaurant.  Dinner was a surprise in a good way.  Marcia and I both ordered a grinder that was so big, even I only ate half of it.  Can't believe I did not get a picture for you.

After dinner we walked back to the marina.  It was about a mile walk, but was needed after the intake of food.  I did refrain from the ice cream stop, but the rest of the group did not.  When we got back to the boat, docktails were already under way with many of the other boats.  We joined in and had a great time with 10 boats total.  Some we had met before and some we had not.
The 10 of us that went to dinner.
So far the Michigan marinas are very nice and well maintained.
From left to right, "New Hope", "Jackpot", "Boyle-n-Water"

At sunset the group began to breakup.

As we were getting ready to turn in, Marcia went online to change one of our reservations.  It was at this point that we realized that I left my credit card at the restaurant.  It was 9:30 and although they were closed, the owner said he was having a drink at the bar and would wait for me to come back and get it.  As I was getting ready to make the mile walk back, Chris still had his folding bike out.  He was nice enough to let me commandeer it, which saved me a lot of time.  As promised the owner was sitting there waiting for me.  I am glad we had good service and tipped the waitress well.  Back at the boat we turned in.  Thank God someone is looking out for me.  Not the 1st time this has happened, but it sure would have created problems for us as we are moving on to Mackinac tomorrow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment